In a matter of seconds, a car accident can leave you with serious and irreparable injuries. After a car accident, it is important to seek thorough medical treatment and explore your options for seeking compensation for the losses you have suffered. If you have been injured in a car accident, it is important to ensure that your rights are upheld. Our lawyers and staff at Harmon, Linder & Rogowsky, are committed to representing injured individuals and their families. We provide experienced representation and assistance to clients located in New York.
The most common causes of car accidents are:
- Being hit from the rear by another vehicle;
- Being hit by a car making a left turn without yielding the right-of-way to oncoming traffic;
- Running red lights or stop signs;
- Hit and run
If you have been injured or a loved one injured in a car accident – especially if the injuries are serious or a death is involved – it is imperative that you contact an experienced personal injury lawyer immediately. Do not talk with an insurance company investigator or adjuster before you have had the chance to retain a lawyer. The lawyer will often advise you against giving a statement to the insurance company’s adjuster, as they are trained to trick you into saying things that will come back to haunt you at a later stage of the case.
A few tips:
- Seek immediate medical attention if you are injured
- Do not speak with the insurance company without consulting an attorney
- Gather as much information as possible (witnesses, times, dates, locations, photgraphs, etc.)
- Don’t delay – call now and speak with a lawyer for free
New York State has extremely complicated laws regarding exactly who is allowed to file a lawsuit when injured in a motor vehicle accident. It is important for individuals injured in an automobile accident to understand their rights. If you or a loved one has been injured in an automobile accident, the New York auto accident attorneys at Harmon, Linder & Rogowsky are dedicated to fighting for your rights. To discuss your case with any of our experienced attorneys, please contact us today at 212-732-3665.